“Women Of Aviation Week is a global aviation awareness week for girls of all ages and observed to mark the anniversary of the world’s first female pilot licence (March 8, 1910).The week is a call to address gender imbalance in the air and space industry.” – Women of Aviation Worldwide
To celebrate locally, check out this fantastic calendar of activities from Garmin, open to all:
- Tuesday, March 9: Take a virtual tour of the Garmin hangar.
- Wednesday, March 10: Meet some of the talented women who work in Garmin aviation.
- Thursday, March 11: Enjoy a fun and informational, hands-on STEM activity, demonstrating the effects of air pressure.
- Friday, March 12: Live Q&A with Garmin aviation professionals at 1:00 p.m. CT. Preregister now on the Garmin Careers event page. Can’t make the live event? Watch the recording on the Women of Aviaton Week site on March 15.
- Saturday, March 13: Aviation attractions, museums & resources
To receive email updates about these activities contact Kelly O’Connor.