Registration is now open!
Southern Arkansas University College of Science and Engineering will be hosting a week-long High Powered Rocketry Workshop & a Drone Racing event during July 20-24, 2020.
Opportunity to participate is open to undergraduate students and senior high school students. Teachers welcome and encouraged to form team of 3-4 students. Seats limited.
Thanks to funding from ASGC, NASA, Aerojet Rocketdyne and Lockheed Martin, participation cost is Free! Includes room & board at SAU campus from July 20-24th.
Team takes home the rocket following competition.
Be part of a team to go through the Engineering Design process by building a high-powered rocket from scratch & launch it in a competition! Race fly a drone using Drone’s-Eye View only.
Source: Construction and Certification for Thousands of Feet and Beyond by Mike Westerfield
- Use model rocket simulator to design and simulate your rocket.
- Design and fabricate different parts of the rocket using 3D printing, laser/CNC cutting, and various machine shop tools.
- Assemble and fly your rocket with a payload (video recording & micro-controller system to capture flight data). Recover via dual deployment system.
- Teacher stipend available (& PD Credit) + Team travel subsidy.
- Fly a Drone in a race using Drone’s-Eye View only. Open to rocket participants & others on July 24th. May bring your own drone or one will be supplied during competition.
- Sign up individually or as a team:
For registration go here: https://web.saumag.edu/rocket/