As part of the Arkansas Computer Science and Computing Initiative, which was founded by Governor Asa Hutchinson, the Arkansas Department of Education (ADE) Office of Computer Science is pleased to announce its planned creation of a Computer Science and Computing Educator Academy (CSCEA), scheduled for Monday through Friday of the weeks of June 14-18 & June 21-25, 2021.
The CSCEA, which will begin in the summer of 2021, will provide another option for Arkansas residents to:
- Learn basic computer science, which provides a starting point for new teachers to be successful,
- Receive preparation for passing the Computer Science Content Knowledge Praxis exam,
- Gain approval to teach high school computer science courses,
- Earn postsecondary credits for academy completion, and
- Expand skills in specialized areas aligned to state-adopted programs of study.
The application deadline was at 11:59 P.M. on May 1, 2021.